Some fascinating material added recently.....follow the links
Latest articles. Lockdown specials include the following :-
- Hathern lady shares in windfall from long-lost brother
- Death and disease in Victorian Hathern. Article by Dr. Andree Bagley
- House in Leys saved from demolition is now a grade 2 listed building
- Housing shortage in the village in 1919. Fourteen people in one house in Golden Square.
- Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee celebrations
Latest Pictures. Include pictures of Anchor and Shepshed Road in early 1900s (previously published in Hathern at War) and a brilliant picture from 1897 of Hathern terracotta workers. More recently pictures have been added of Hathern United F.C. in the early 1950s, a church garden party in 1969 and cricket team from around 1980 and two pictures of old Dishley.