Newly added photos
All the latest pictures
Zouch mill c.1900. First recorded as a mill for grinding corn in the Domesday Book. After a fire in 1863, the buildings became a plaster mill, reverting to grinding of corn in 1920s.Became flats after WW2. More details provided in a separate article.
Ladies casting terra-cotta honey pots at the Hathern Station Brick and Terracotta Company Ltd. in September 1918.
Are these women also on the group picture in gallery (work) ?
Post card for Henson's garage on Hathern Hill (post Brexit ?)
Postcard of the Dewdrop Inn in the 1930s
Dales Farm winter scene. A separate article tells the history of the farm
Dales Farm.George Groves was the farmer in the late C19th. He died in 1898 and in 1911 Frederick, once a servant on the farm, and wife Mary Ann are the occupiers(but not freeholders).
John and Elsie Russell who in 1939 register were occupiers of Dales Farm, the landlord being Peter Paget of Nanpantan
Nicholas Lowe Smith. In the Rates Map of 1824 shown as one of the largest landowners in Hathern .Resident at the time in Dales Farm. Other holdings included the Anchor Inn and its outbuildings
Aerial view including Dales farm, Hollytree Cottage, Victoria Terrace, The Manor House, Cross and School
Frederick, a farmer from Zouch married Mary in Zouch in 1888
Jack Screaton, joiner and funeral director