Some fascinating material added recently.....follow the links
Latest articles. Lockdown specials include the following :-
- Farming in Hathern through the ages - article by Andree Bagley including locally found artefacts
- Complete range of OS maps of the village - see how we have changed
- Kaiapoi cottages on the main road - a great story behind the name
- Alex Dalganos amazing hair oil. The full story
- Hathern Bungalow Estate once a camp for Italian prisoners-of-war
Currently being worked on is a story of Hathern Bungalow Estate which grew up after the war using the buildings that had previously housed Axis prisoners in Hathern Camp (Camp 590) on a site next to Pear tree Lane. The article will also look at a prisoner of war site nearby called Garendon Camp (Camp 28).
Latest Pictures. Include pictures of Anchor and Shepshed Road in early 1900s (previously published in Hathern at War) and a brilliant picture from 1897 of Hathern terracotta workers.