Dedication of Bells 1933
In 1933 a new set of bells were dedicated in Hathern Church. Below is the newspaper article explaining why the new bells were required. The Order of the Going Up describes the various personnel assembling behind the Church Banner for the dedication ceremony.
After having rung in the tower of the Parish Church for 142 years, two of the peal of five bells were to-day, at Messrs. Taylor's bell foundry, Loughborough, broken up by the Rector of Hathern , the Rev. Douglas Hoole, in the presence of Messrs. F. Farrands, sidesman ; J. Stokoe, Churchwarden ; A. Hunt and Miss Lovann. The two bells which. are to be re-cast were cast in Nottingham by Hedderley in 1791. They had depreciated in tone, and the church authorities recently decided to have them broken up and re-cast. The other three dated 1618, 1620, and 1792 are to be re-tuned. A peal of five is to be hung with modern fittings in a new framework designed for six bells. A new smaller bell is being added to make up the peal to one of six.
(06 September 1933, Nottingham Evening Post)