Streets of Hathern
This article is just a collection of miscellaneous facts about our village streets. To be added to as necessary.
Gladstone Street.It appears first on the OS Map of 1884. It runs up from Cross Street to meet a dead end at the field which is plot 256 - one of the fields farmed by Dovecote Farm (seen on map partially behind the Chapel that later became the Village Hall). At this stage there are only houses at the top end. The street and houses were built on land sold in 1879 by the De Lisle family (plots 24 -33).